Software Engineer-Cloud develops cloud-based applications involving robotics. This individual will work with a small and highly agile team of developers to build out a large-scale cloud platform that organizes, stores, and presents data from robots and other devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Tackle challenging tasks in the areas of distributed computing, large-scale cloud development, and API design
- Work with cutting-edge cloud technologies and practices such as micro services and event sourcing.
- Participate in a lightweight Agile process with a focus on quick delivery
- Grow technically under the mentorship of a leadership team with over 80 combined years of industry experience
This job has no managerial responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Passion for learning about and working with robotics and factory automation technologies. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Excellent command of computer science and programming fundamentals
- Experience with the Scala programming language, Amazon Web Services, Cassandra, and/or Kafka a plus
- Proven track record delivering and maintaining cloud-based applications a plus
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on a team
Preferred but not required
- Back-end development experience using SCALA, Java, Python and C#
- Knowledge of Ubuntu Linus and ROS
- Knowledge of networking concepts
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, schematic drawings, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and create lesson plans and outlines. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, students or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No minimum requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
No travel requirements.